Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas at the Horihan's

Here are some pictures of the kids opening their presents from the gift exchange, and presents from Grandma and Grandpa Horihan.
The happiest kid in the whole world was Aiden when he opened his new blanket from my mom. I guess the one she made him when he was born is in pretty bad shape because he loves it so much. He wouldn't put the new one down for the rest of the day.Uncle Martin helped Lacy open her presents. Him and Cheryl carried her around almost all day...now I know who to call when I need a babysitter. ☺
We took dessert to the celebration, including a peppermint ice cream cake. Talon asked who's birthday it was, so we explained (again) that Christmas is Jesus' birthday. He seemed to get it this time, but then yesterday he asked me why Jesus wasn't at Grandma Horihan's house if it was his birthday.
Joe started a new tradition this year. He had the kids go through all of their toys and pick something that they thought each one of their cousins would like. Talon really got into it and put a lot of consideration into each one. Although the kids got to pick the presents we bought for the cousins they drew names for, I think it meant more to pick one from their own toys. I thought it was a great idea, and I hope we remember to do it every year.

2 comments:

laurie said...

I love all the pictures!! I can't believe you guys were up so late and that you made fudge before your kids even got up. Your family pictures are so cute. How did you make all those goodies and not eat any? I guess I should have know by the bows, but I didn't realize you were so crafty! What a fun Christmas, thanks for sharing it.

Taya said...

Fun stuff!!! I'm glad you all had a great Christmas! Your extended family looks very close and that's awesome! I want you to email me a summation of the diet that you're on if you can???? I have got to start taking off all of my "having kids" weight now that we are officially DONE! I need to find something that works and keeps me motivated because I'm seeing results. So, if you will share I will sure appreciate it as I need all of the help I can get! It is my New Years Resolution for the entire year to work on ME!! So email me when you get a chance @ az2strikes@yahoo.com

Have a great New Year's celebration whatever you guys are doing and BE SAFE!

Taya:)