Monday, December 22, 2008

A great weekend

Friday night we went to Jason's Deli and the temple lights with my mom, Joe's parents, Jono & his kids, and Erica & Tyler. My kids both said that their favorite part was watching the movie.

Saturday we had the Santa party at the Mullin's. I have always gotten my kids all decked out in their Christmas clothes for this in the past, and then I get all ticked off when they won't sit on Santa's lap. I decided to take them as they were this year and it worked. All three of my kids took their turns on his lap without crying. Yay!! I'll download my pictures as soon as I can find my camera. Grrr!

We were only there for about an hour and headed out the Kyle and Kristy's house for the Smith family Christmas party. Another great one! The kids had a blast! In fact, we were there for about 2 hours and Hailey was REALLY upset when it was time to leave. She told me that she wasn't finished playing with her friends. I took a TON of pictures while we where there, so as soon as I find the camera...

Sunday we got the kids up, gave them all baths, went to breakfast and to the park. (Mental note: Don't bathe your kids before you take them to the park...DUH!!) The kids were all worn out by the time we got home and they ALL FELL ASLEEP!! I don't think I have ever gotten our kids to take naps at the same time. They were all sleeping for at least an hour AT THE SAME TIME. I was laying on the couch when it happened and I jumped up, "I need to be doing something!" So, I started the girl's Christmas bows, and they're going to be cute when they are done! ☺ It had the opposite affect on Joe. He said, "I'm not going to do anything." He watched some football and then told me that he liked the bows I was making. I ♥ him!!

We had to wake the kids up at 5:00 to get them in the car. I had one more Christmas gift I wanted to pick up on our way to my parent's house for my birthday dinner. We usually go out on my birthday (Christmas Eve), but mom was feeling a little bit stressed out this year getting ready for dinner at her house on Christmas Day. We opted to have it a few days early...and at her house instead of going out. She made Chicken Cordon Blue at my request and it was YUMMY! Thanks mom!! Dad said it was the best he'd ever had. Apparently it was the first time mom ever made it, and the first time he'd ever had it. He said it was a great idea to put ham inside your chicken...he cracks me up.

Over the weekend Talon was asking Joe for something and he said, "pretty please, I mean handsome please?"

Even though we did a ton of things this weekend it was actually pretty relaxing. Oh, I forgot to mention the most important part. On Saturday afternoon I went shopping for new jeans and I wear a size 8 now! I haven't worn that size since, well let's just say it was before I remember buying clothes for myself - YEAH!! Joe said it was weird that I went shopping for clothes and didn't come home all ticked off. That was HUGE for me!!

1 comment:

laurie said...

Happy Birthday! I had forgotten that you were a Christmas baby. You did have a busy weekend but sounds like it all went smoothly. I love the "handsome please". That's great! Can't wait to see your Santa pictures and bows.