Thursday, November 13, 2008

Talon said

When Joe woke Talon up this morning...

Talon: Daddy did you get me a Ben Ten watch?
Joe: No.
Talon: Oh, that must have been a dream.

Then we went into the whole "ask Santa" thing, which reminded me of a conversation I had with Talon at Target the other day.

We were walking through clothes (trying my best to steer clear of the toys) and Talon saw a Sponge Bob pajama set that he wanted. I told him to ask Santa for it. Here's pretty much how that conversation went.

Me: Talon, you should ask Santa for that.
Talon: Um, Santa just brings whatever he wants.
Me: No Talon, you sit on his lap and tell him what you want...he never knows what to bring you because you're always too scared to ask him.
Talon: OHH!! I didn't know that's how it worked!!
Me: (trying not to laugh at him, because I explained it EVERY SINGLE time I tried to get him to sit on the guys lap) Yep Talon, you can sit on his lap and tell him you want those sponge bob pajamas.
Talon: Oh CRAP!

By now the lady and her teenage daughter next to us were completely cracking up. Good thing Talon didn't notice them. :-)

This morning after we told him to ask Santa for the Ben Ten watch he said, "But I thought I was going to ask him for the Sponge Bob pajamas!" Joe told him that it was OK to ask for more than one thing from Santa.

So here I am looking forward to getting one of those adorable pictures with my kids on Santa's lap AGAIN this year...maybe this will be the year...

2 comments:

laurie said...

We've been using the "ask santa" for about a month now. It's great!

Taya said...

That's very cute! Kids crack me up. Lauren's favorite word is Krap, so I guess I must say it alot!!! I hope you guys are all good!!! Have a great weekend...

:)