Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sometimes

Sometimes people who love each other argue. Sometimes people say hurtful things. Sometimes they mean it, and sometimes they don't. Sometimes it hurts anyway.

Sometimes we think we are together on something, only to find out the other person "hates it".

Sometimes when we feel like crying our 4 year old pitches a fit in public, and people stop to find out why a little kid is toes-up to a brick wall, while mommy is standing by the open car door, just waiting for him to be done, so that she can buckle him in and go home. Sometimes we should not have gone in the first place.

Sometimes all of the kids need baths badly, but we don't want to do it.

Sometimes we get over things easily, and sometimes we have to fall asleep on a wet pillow for a few nights.

I feel like I need to say something positive here, so that I don't end this post on a low note, but I can't think of anything right now. I know my mom hates these kind of posts, but I promised myself that I would be honest here. Everyone has bad days. Everyone gets in arguments. Everyone's kids pitch a fit in public every once in a while. Maybe my next post will be better mom.

1 comment:

laurie said...

Amen to all of that. Thanks for stating the unspoken. It was a good day for it!