Thursday, October 9, 2008

Her father's daughter

Yesterday after work I picked the girls up from the sitters, and Hailey wanted to sit in Talon's car seat. What the heck, they're the same size, so I let her. Then we drove around the corner to my in-laws house to pick up Talon. I left the girls in the car, and ran in to get him.

He was playing with Gavin's Lego's. He wanted to take them with him. I said no. He was upset about that. I carried him to the car. I set him down and opened the car door. "NO! I don't want to sit in Hailey's seat! You shouldn't have let her sit in mine!" I strapped him in anyway. We said goodbye to Grandma Charlotte and drove away. Talon yelled over and over again, "I don't want to sit in Hailey's seat! I don't want to sit in Hailey's seat!" Until he fell asleep. I guess he was tired. ;-)

After he fell asleep Hailey started fake crying and making fun of him, "Me no wanna sit in Talon's seat! Me no wanna sit in Talon's seat!" We had a good laugh and she told me that she would never EVER EVER sit in his seat again.

1 comment:

Taya said...

That's funny! Sometimes when one of my kids is having a meltdown and I'm trying to talk them down from it I burst into laughter because it's soooooo much drama over a small thing ususally, and if there is another kid in the room they end up laughing too and sometimes even the kid having the hard time joins in the laughter, but not always! I try really hard not to laugh, because it's something they feel strongly about at the time, but sometimes I just can't help it!!!