Monday, July 21, 2008

Softball Tournament & Florence

We lost our 7:00 game at Rose Mofford, had a two hour break, then played at 10:00 and won that game. Then, we headed to Victory Lane (43rd Ave & Pinnacle Peak) to play at 11:30. We lost that game, so that's when our night ended. After the looooong drive home, on the 101 at 55 mph most of the way, I was home a little before 2am and was completely exhausted! I am pretty sore today, and I'm sure I won't feel much better tomorrow, but I had a great time and it was nice to get off my butt and back into the game!
Florence is here! Joe's sister Florence came into town on Saturday afternoon to spend a week with the family before we go to California next week (unless you're a burglar, then we're ALWAYS going to be home!) Dennis, Charlotte and Florence came Saturday and had lunch with us and the kids, then we went to dinner at the Dairman's last night. It was really nice to see some of her friends that we don't get to see anymore since she has moved away. Dennis and Charlotte always do such a great job of welcoming everyone and cooking so much great food (and packing it all up to take home afterwards). I am so lucky to have such great in-laws!

1 comment:

laurie said...

I don't think I could play a night owl tournament. Way too old to stay up that late AND be active. Glad you had fun.