Monday, July 7, 2008

July 5th

Amy, Tyler, Branson, Shyann, Trulie and Jarvis stayed with us Friday and Saturday night (sorry traffic was so bad getting home). Here are Talon and Shyann, and the bottom half of Trulie, eating popcorn and watching TV in the bedroom.On Saturday, while Amy and Tyler went to visit some friends that were also staying in Payson, we met the (Glade) Smith family at the Taylor Pool. Here are Talon and Hailey in the kiddie pool......and Glade with his two youngest.Here are the bigger kids playing in the big pool with Joe.And most of the Smith kids playing in the pool. I wish I would have got one of their legs up during one of their handstand contests...man that brings back memories! Then Talon got really brave and wanted to jump off the looong diving board. Here he is in line with the "big" kids...that's him, the litte short guy in red trunks third in line.It only took a little bit of talking from the end before he jumped with daddy and Hailey watching. Later that afternoon we went for a walk out the back doorand up the hillHailey and Trulie walked hand in hand almost the whole time...Hailey said Trulie is her best friend. =)Then daddy let the kids blow some poppers...you can barely see the streamers above Talon's headThis nasty tarantula ruined the fun, because I was not about to stay there for one more minute with that beast aroundThe guys asked me if I got a picture, and I told them I did, but you wouldn't be able to tell how big it was without anything next to it. Joe suggested a quarter but nobody had any change, so Tyler threw an old card down. It was hilarious when he realized he would have to get that card back before we left.A long stick did the trick, but I made sure to be far far away when he upset that sucker! It creeps me out to even post the pictures of it. I would rather deal with cockroaches, crickets, beetles, or pretty much anything other than a spider; and that was the mother of all spiders in my book! Thanks Tyler for repeating that it can jump over and over again while Amy was trying to get a picture of it. So here's a stinking cute picture of Lacy holding her head up to bring us back to all that is good in the world.

2 comments:

Tairi said...

What a fun weekend! Amy and Tylers kids have grown so much! So cute. That tarantula gave me the creeps when I saw it. I dont think I will be looking at your blog until that is REALLY far down on the page!! EWW

Taya said...

Yuck!!! I hate ALL snakes, spiders, bugs...

Anyway, looks like a fun weekend for you all!