Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Beach Pictures

I am sooo far behind. I realize that. There are just sooo many pictures and memories from our California trip with the Dairmans...I've felt a little bit overwhelmed with where to start. I am a procrastinator by nature. Talon is starting kindergarten tomorrow. I am so worried about him. He is going to get lost, and refuses to learn his teachers name, "I told you mom, I'm going to call her teacher." I tried, "what if she calls you kid?" "Nope, she knows my name." "So, don't you think you should learn hers?" "Nope, I'm just gonna call her teacher." What do you do?

Anyway, back to California. We had planned on a professional photographer, but Joe's sister, Florence, was not able to come. She has one job right now. Take care of those twins in her belly. :) We cancelled the photographer, but those of us that were still there put on our whites and headed to the beach. I know it's hard to see everyone here, but this is a bunch of us who all stayed in the same house. Good times!! Here's a pic of all of the Dairman grand kids (except Carina and Ethan) and the Briggs.
We can never get everyone to smile and look at the camera at the same time, so this ended up being the best view of my family. :-) You can barely see Lacy's head poking out between me and Joe.See what I mean?At least we're (almost) all looking, even if Talon and Hailey look like grumpy monkeys.We stole this idea from the website of the real photographer we hired, and later had to cancel. Thanks to her creativity it ended up being my favorite picture of the day. Yay!! Hopefully, one day we'll actually get the whole clan (including those twins) together and actually get her to take some shots of us.Me and my man...isn't he HOT?Awe, Grandma and Grandpa Dairman.
We had actually intended on getting some "sunset" pictures, but we got there so early we had a hard time keeping the kids entertained to wait for that darn sun to set.And Lacy did her best to get as filthy as humanly possible, but was so cute doing it!
I don't know what he told her...then they caught me looking.
Even though our kids were done, we tried to get a sunset picture. Too bad I'm not a professional and I have a very basic camera.
Our silhouettes
Thanks for taking the pictures Jill. We did the best we could. :-)
I think it's about time I update our 4th of July background too...Geesh!

3 comments:

Sharron said...

Love, love, love the pictures! I would love for our family doing something like this each year. I am working on it!

Email me at smhuish@msn.com. I have a picture for you and will send it.

laurie said...

The pictures are fabulous. So creative and everyone looks natural. I think they turned out great!

pawlowski said...

Kathy, I love all the pictures! You guys are such a cute family and by the way YOU look AWESOME!! Looks like you guys had a great time.