Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ear tubes

We got up at 5:30 this morning to have Lacy at the surgery center by 6:30. They drained both of her ears (which the doctor said were pretty nasty) and put some tubes in her ears. She was pretty groggy and, because of her breath holding episodes, they made us wait a little bit longer than normal to leave. Just to make sure she was completely alert and OK from the anaesthesia. She was so funny. After they brought her out to us she kept pointing back at the door and crying. I think she was trying to tell on them. :-)

We dropped her off at my mom's house afterwards. Talon and Hailey got to spend the night there. Thank goodness my mom offered to have them over so we didn't have to take them with us. That would have been a nightmare, but instead they had a great time having a sleep over at Grandma's house.

Hopefully these tubes will be the answer to her ear infections, and she'll never have another one.

2 comments:

Sharron said...

I hope they work for you too. It is pretty wonderful that they can help with the infections this way. I suffered a lot until I was 8 and then still occasionally until I was about 11 or 12.

Tairi said...

I hope the tubes help little Lacy, I think Boston might have this done. I am still laughing at Joe! I just read your comment and that is funny. Not that you had it done but "run as fast as your little infected toes take you" HAHAHAHAH!!...still laughing