Tuesday, March 10, 2009

School Zoo Trip & Star Hair

I got the idea from The Story of A Princess & Her Hair - it's a little bit of a variation to her Twist Braid Star I started out with the 5 ponies and then made two twist braids in each one, then took them each to the appropriate pony. But because each pony had two coming and going from it I couldn't use a rubber band to attach it. I used a little clip instead. Although it looked cute when I did it, those don't hold her hair all day.So, the next day I just did one twist from each pony and made a star patten, rubber banding each as I went. The very last one couldn't be rubber banded, so I used a clippie. It fell out ALL day at the zoo and I put it in over and over again about a hundred times until I just put it in my pocket. The other clippies are there just so the one that I needed didn't look out of place.The kids took a field trip to the zoo on Friday and I got the afternoon off work to go with them. Here is Hailey and Ava and a friend waiting for the puppet show to start.
Talon didn't want to sit on the floor, so he sat in a chair next to me.The whole gang (almost)
On the train rideWe got off the train near the petting zoo, but once we got close Talon said that it smelled too bad and he didn't want to go in. Hailey was already in with Grandma & Grandpa Dairman, so I told Talon he could either stay at the stroller by himself or come in with me. He wasn't happy about it, but he came in. Once we were inside with the goats, one peed and the other one was licking it up. Gross!! At least the goats don't lick you. He stood around for a little while and then looked at me and said, "Fine, where's a brush?"Ava, Hailey and GrandpaEven Grandma got in on the action!

2 comments:

Sharron said...

That zoo looks like it would be worth a trip up! Our kids never thought that much about the petting zoos because we had goats for milking. But feeding the kids a bottle ... that was fun for them!

Tairi said...

How fun you were able to go to the zoo! We LOVE Mrs. Rogers....we are really good friends with Brant and Carley Rogers. I think Brigham is is your kids class!