Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween

Talon was a pirate again. I'm just kidding. He finally outgrew that thing and didn't even mention it this year. He wrote in a journal at school that he was going to be a turtle for Halloween. We thought he would change his mind a hundred times (like usual) but he didn't. He went as a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle. Rafael. I know that because Rafael is red. I think.
Hailey got this cheerleader outfit for her birthday. Yay!! Free for me means an awesome costume! I made her some cute bows for her hair the night before, and she was all set. What a pretty girl!!Lacy was going to be a flapper, which was another dress up costume Hailey got for her birthday. She tried it on once and wasn't too happy about the gloves. I didn't care. I didn't want to buy something I didn't think she would wear anyway. Our kids never liked costumes at her age.
Courtney asked us to borrow a costume for Ethan, and I'm so glad she did. I got the Halloween costume bin out of the garage and found this for Lacy.As soon as she put it on she was a total ham. She walked around the house looking down (so you couldn't see her face) then peeking up and saying boo and laughing.
Here she is "posing" for the camera with Sydney (Strawberry Shortcake), Hailey and Talon. She is so funny!!
I'm not sure she understood the whole trick-or-treating thing. She knew she was supposed to carry her bucket up to people and they would give her something to put in it.
She was on a mission. She would not let anyone put anything directly in her bucket. They would hand her the candy and she would say, "there you go", put it in her bucket and walk away.
I really wish I would have taken some video of her. She was non-stop. She didn't want to be carried, but she would hold your hand as long as you didn't stop. She just put her head down and walked, and walked, and walked.Here's a picture of the whole group of kids we went with. I was so mean to make them stop for 30 seconds to get a picture. :) You can just barely see Braden (Diego) poking out behind Aiden.

No comments: